In keeping with my “vintage” Christmas decorations, I decided to find alternatives to the standard Christmas trees. The traditional green trees are fine, but I wanted to be creative. So, here is what I created:
1) Pine cones tucked in mercury glass containers create a pine cone forest.
2) Greenery in vintage glass containers with vintage balls and a tree topper.
3) A Topiary wrapped in a white shawl with a red brooch.
4) White branches and nandina berries in a vintage metal bucket, with an apples and berries wreath.
5) 3 Chippy white stair posts, a metal star and a burlap “tree” skirt.
6) A glass cloche filled with vintage holiday balls and a metal star.
And a deer.
I recently attended a holiday gift exchange and cute teenager got this deer as a gift. It was obvious, she did not like it. I loved it and was thrilled to “steal” it from her. I could see the swan (I mean deer), it could become.
So, after a coat of paint and a new bow tie, here’s Dasher! He’s so cute……
I’d love to see your alternative Christmas trees and Deer. Happy Decorating!
I was contacted by Hometalk (an on-line site dedicated to everything home), about writing a how-to post about holiday decorating.
I decided to share how-to make paper wreaths and more. To see the complete post, copy and paste the following into your browser: http://www.hometalk.com/6119762/vintage-dictionary-wire-holiday-wreaths-and-more